What to expect when you visit the practice
Business as Usual!
The Practice is fully open and here for you.
Although restrictions have been lifted for many day-to-day activities, we are still operating in a COVID-secure way. Appointments are being delivered face-to-face, as well as by telephone, or using video calls and messaging to your mobile or computer. Call the surgery on 01243 608201, to arrange an appointment. You will usually be assessed by a clinician on the telephone first, with face-to-face care arranged if clinically needed. Face-to-face appointments are available to all patients where there is a clinical need.
We are operating in a way to make you safe when you attend the practice, this page explains the experience you can expect when you come in. If you do have any concerns please discuss them with us.
If you are asked to attend by a member of staff, we would like you to observe these measures, which are in place to reduce the risk of COVID infection for you and our healthcare staff. Please:
- Before 9.30am - Use the intercom, the receptionist will answer any questions, and if you have an appointment they will open the door for you. After 9.30am - Please enter the building. A receptionist will greet you inside.
- Come alone unless you are in need of assistance.
- Wear a surgical grade face mask (we can provide these).
- Take your temperature when you enter, using the wall mounted thermometer just inside the entrance (put your forehead or wrist in front of it).
- Use hand gel from the wall-mounted dispensers when you enter and after using the touch screens.
- Check in using the touch screens (reception staff can assist if needed).
- Stand in the waiting area if you are able. The clinician will come and collect you. If you need to use a chair, wipes are available.
- Maintain social distance from other patients at all times.
We are operating a one-way system and ask that you exit through a side door and not the same way you came in.
Please be polite and respectful; your GP and practice team are available and working hard to support your health and care needs.
Staff will be wearing masks; some will be behind screens, and some will be wearing PPE.
If you have a disability or condition which means you cannot wear a face covering or cannot communicate with someone who is wearing a face mask, or require other adjustments before your appointment, please let the surgery know ahead of your arrival. You can call the surgery on 01243 608201.
Similarly, if you need help with the thermometer, hand gel, touch screen or any other facility, please ask one of the receptionists for assistance.
Accessing Advice and Treatment
If you need urgent medical advice or treatment, please ring us on 01243 608201. Our opening hours are 8:00-18:30 Mon-Fri.
For non-urgent advice or treatment, there is help on our website. Here you will find lots of self-help information, resources and links to local services, which might mean you don’t need to consult us. You can also download the NHS App to get health advice, as well as many other services such as ordering repeat prescriptions.
If you can’t find the answer or you have a non-urgent enquiry you can use the e-Consult service to send us your query. These e-Consult requests can be completed for non-urgent medical help as well as administrative queries. They will be responded to as soon as possible, usually within two working days.
e-Consult should not be used for very urgent medical problems.
For urgent issues or out of hours, you can also call the NHS on 111 or go online to seek NHS advice 111.nhs.uk